Thursday, February 21, 2013

Two Tiny Cats

If you follow me on any social media it's no secret I'm pretty much obsessed with posting pictures of my two kittens. My husband and I adopted them from Home Alone Feline Rescue back in January. They came from Prince George County in Maryland, which is apparently a high-kill shelter. Jill, the director of HAFR rescues the kittens and then places them into foster homes. As soon as we saw them, we fell in love and it's been a fun ride being cat parents so far.

Lady
Beau

Growing up I only ever had dogs (golden retrievers and a fox terrier) and never considered myself much of a cat person. After our fox terrier, Hunter, passed away a few years ago, my mom got a black cat, Marley. A year or so later came our other two black kittens, Augusta and Patton. I fully expected them to move to DC with me when I did, but I couldn't separate them from each other. Breck always grew up with cats and is definitely a cat person. We always knew we wanted to get kittens but just had to wait for the right time (and the right house!).



Once Breck and I bought our house here in Arlington, we were finally able to get kittens. And now, here we are with Lady and Beau. They both headed to the vet yesterday to get fixed and are spending today recovering. I think it was more traumatic for me than it was for them! Can't imagine how it's going to be with actual children...ha.



Prepare for about a million more pictures from here on out...

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! As you can tell we love our little babies :)

      Delete
  2. Crazy Cat Lady...

    Hahahaha!! Just kidding...I miss my sweet kitten...you are making me want one!!!

    ReplyDelete